Tuesday 13 September 2011

Brushes and Knifes

I have been preparing my equipment needed for the first episode of the landscape painting show. Below is a picture of the equipment that I will be using.

Probably my favourite two pieces of Bob Ross art supplies is the 2 inch brush and the detail knife. I love doing trees and bushes with just the 2 inch brush (especially in front of a crowd), its amazing the detail you can create with such a big brush. And what I love about the Bob Ross detail knife is the way you can do some incredible mountains with lots of peaks and of course detail.

I personally took to the knifes almost straight away. But for a while I struggled to do bushes, and that was simply because I wasn't using enough paint, a common mistake I have found (phew). What I did was set up a huge canvas and just fill it full of bushes until I got the right amount of paint on and became more sensitive to the right feel you need to allow the paint to just leave the brush and creat a lacey effect. I just hope I get it right when the cameras rolling...

My magic brushes!

by: Jason Bowen                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment