Wednesday 21 September 2011

New Painting for YouTube Show

I have been thinking about what painting I should demonstrate next on my YouTube channel: j123wb.

When I first started painting in the wet-on-wet technique of painting I was fascinated with the way artists were able to give the impression of moving water with just a few brush strokes... this made me amazed and extremely excited as I thought I could achieve the exact same effect myself. Well I could after a bit of practice (and frustrations I might add).

So what I should do is a show on how-to create the moving water effects in the form of a waterfall next. What I found when I painted a waterfall the paint just mushed together and that movement was lost and it was all because of the amount of pressure I fed the brushes bristles on the canvas. A thin paint and a light stroke is key to get that waterfall effect in this technique. On the picture below you can see a clean directional line which gives the impression water is running along that line and crashing below.

What I plan to do is a version of a giant painted I did where lots of waterfalls cascade down a mountain side and join up to make one monster fall... I will have to scale it down a bit but should get the technique across using this painting for the the show.

Written By: Jason Bowen



No comments:

Post a Comment